About The Bank
The Bank venue was the original “Bank of Clarksdale” built in 1930. The beautiful marble building is in the Neoclassical/Beaux Arts style. With its towering interior ceiling in the main room, skylights and marble counters, it is the perfect location for hosts who need a large space in which to host their events.
After the “Bank of Clarksdale” closed, the local newspaper “Clarksdale Press Register” found the spacious interior a perfect place from which to set up their operations. In the summer of 2010 the award winning movie “The Help”, an adaptation of the book of the same title by Kathryn Stockett, filmed a scene both in front of the building and inside its walls. The location was portrayed as the “Jackson Journal” and the name plate used on set can still be seen on the front doors today.
The old bank building is used during Clarksdale’s annual Juke Joint Festival each April and many other community events throughout the year. With the striking marble and open spaces of this building, it is the perfect venue for your next event.